celticdragonfly: (Default)
[personal profile] celticdragonfly
Thanks for those who posted offers for Maggie's Flat Stanley. Grandma Maggie asked to have him, and she'll bring him back when she visits us next month, so that's where he's going.

I have a question - I want to replace the light fixture that's in my foyer. It's annoyingly high and requires renting a special ladder and having a terrifying climb to replace bulbs, so it usually isn't working. I've bought a new fixture I want put up, and I want it put up significantly lower, so that I can reach the lightbulbs from a stepstool. Probably about the height of the one in the living room.

How do I find somebody to hire to do this? What do I go look for?

(no subject)

Date: 2009-01-26 10:49 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] the-celestia.livejournal.com
You hire an electrican who does residental work. They'll probably own a suitable ladder - we do, this sort of thing comes up at least once in most remodels.

Our solution, been there done that kind of thing

Date: 2009-01-27 03:29 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] bkseiver.livejournal.com
Call Homecare. They will send you a licensed, bonded electrician that will give you a written, binding estimate. They won't rip you off because Homecare oversees them. I've been using them since the great squirrel fiasco, and couldn't be happier.

Trades we have used: electrician, plumber, carpenter, painter, heating & cooling.
From: [identity profile] celticdragonfly.livejournal.com
Okay - how do I find Homecare? Is it a national referral company? Is there a phone number you could pass on? When I try googling Homecare I find a lot of listings for various in-house elder care and hospice care.
From: [identity profile] rlseiver.livejournal.com
Drat - I checked, and it's Baton Rouge area only. Here's the link:


On to Plan B . . .


celticdragonfly: (Default)

May 2009

34 56789
10 111213141516

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags